Did you know butternut squash is a good source of carotenoids, vitamins A, B6, C, and folate. Butternut squash is also full of phytochemicals, which convert into antioxidants, thought not only to help prevent macular degeneration, but also to reduce the risk for certain cancers and cardiovascular problems. Hope you enjoy this delicious recipe while keeping your eyes healthy!
· 2 tbsp olive oil, separated
24 oz butternut squash
· 1 can artichoke hearts, drained
· 1 cup onion, diced
· 3 cloves garlic, diced
· 4 cups water
· ½ cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Incorporate the butternut squash and artichoke wtih 1 tbsp olive oil. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until tender.
3. In a large pot, add in 1 tbsp olive oil and sauté onions and garlic.
4. Add in 4 cups of water and roasted squash and artichoke and let simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Blend the soup mixture in batches until smooth in a blender and return to the pot.
6. Pour in milk and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Garnish with drizzle of olive oil, sage, and croutons